- ACOG practice bulletin. Cervical Cytology screening. Number 45, August 2003. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2003;83(2):237-47.
- ACOG practice bulletin, clinical management guidelines for obstetrician-gynecologists, number 65, August 2005: management of endometrial cancer. Obstet Gynecol 2005;106(2):413-25.
- Anttila A, Hakama M, Kotaniemi-Talonen L, Nieminen P. Alternative technologies in cervical cancer screening: a randomised evaluation trial. BMC Public Health 2006;6:252.
- Arbyn M, Bergeron C, Klinkhamer P, Martin-Hirsch P, Siebers AG, Bulten J. Liquid Compared With Conventional Cervical Cytology: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Obstet Gynecol 2008;111(1):167-177.
- Arbyn M, Sasieni P, Meijer CJ, Clavel C, Koliopoulos G, Dillner J. Chapter 9: Clinical applications of HPV testing: A summary of meta-analyses. Vaccine 2006;24 Suppl 3:S78-89.
- Brink AA, Snijders PJ, Meijer CJ, Berkhof J, Verheijen RH. HPV testing in cervical screening. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2006;20(2):253-66.
- Cox T, Cuzick J. HPV DNA testing in cervical cancer screening: from evidence to policies. Gynecol Oncol 2006;103(1):8-11.
- Cuschieri KS, Cubie HA. The role of human papillomavirus testing in cervical screening. J Clin Virol 2005;32 Suppl 1:S34-42.
- Cuzick J. Time to consider HPV testing in cervical screening. Ann Oncol 2001;12(11):1511-4.
- Cuzick J. Role of HPV testing in clinical practice. Virus Res 2002;89(2):263-9.
- Cusick J et al. Long-term follow-up of cervical abnormalities among women screened by HPV testing and cytology - results from the Hammersmith study. Int J Cancer 2008: 122, 2294-2300.
- Goldie SJ, Kim JJ, Wright TC. Cost-effectiveness of human papillomavirus DNA testing for cervical cancer screening in women aged 30 years or more. Obstet Gynecol 2004;103(4):619-31.
- Holmes J, Hemmett L, Garfield S. The cost-effectiveness of human papillomavirus screening for cervical cancer. A review of recent modelling studies. Eur J Health Econ 2005;6(1):30-7.
- Kitchener HC, Almonte M, Wheeler P, Desai M, Gilham C, Bailey A, et al. HPV testing in routine cervical screening: cross sectional data from the ARTISTIC trial. Br J Cancer 2006;95(1):56-61.
- Lorincz AT. Screening for cervical cancer: new alternatives and research. Salud Publica Mex 2003;45 Suppl 3:S376-87.
- Lorincz AT, Richart RM. Human papillomavirus DNA testing as an adjunct to cytology in cervical screening programs. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2003;127(8):959-68.
- Mayrand MH, Duarte-Franco E, Coutlee F, Rodrigues I, Walter SD, Ratnam S, et al. Randomized controlled trial of human papillomavirus testing versus Pap cytology in the primary screening for cervical cancer precursors: design, methods and preliminary accrual results of the Canadian cervical cancer screening trial (CCCaST). Int J Cancer 2006;119(3):615-23.
- Mayrand MH, Duarte-Franco E, Rodrigues I, Walter SD, Hanley J, Ferenczy A, et al. Human papillomavirus DNA versus Papanicolaou screening tests for cervical cancer. N Engl J Med 2007;357(16):1579-88.
- Ronco G, Giorgi-Rossi P, Carozzi F, Dalla Palma P, Del Mistro A, De Marco L, et al. Human papillomavirus testing and liquid-based cytology in primary screening of women younger than 35 years: results at recruitment for a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol 2006;7(7):547-55.
- Ronco G, Segnan N, Giorgi-Rossi P, Zappa M, Casadei GP, Carozzi F, et al. Human papillomavirus testing and liquid-based cytology: results at recruitment from the new technologies for cervical cancer randomized controlled trial. J Natl Cancer Inst 2006;98(11):765-74.
- Ronco G, Segnan N. HPV testing for primary cervical cancer screening. Lancet 2007;370(9601):1740-2.
- Saslow D, Runowicz CD, Solomon D, Moscicki AB, Smith RA, Eyre HJ, et al. American Cancer Society guideline for the early detection of cervical neoplasia and cancer. CA Cancer J Clin 2002;52(6):342-62.
- Schiffman M, Castle PE, Jeronimo J, Rodriguez AC, Wacholder S. Human papillomavirus and cervical cancer. Lancet 2007;370(9590):890-907.
- Wright TC, Jr., Massad LS, Dunton CJ, Spitzer M, Wilkinson EJ, Solomon D. 2006 consensus guidelines for the management of women with abnormal cervical screening tests. J Low Genit Tract Dis 2007;11(4):201-22.
- Wright TC, Jr., Schiffman M, Solomon D, Cox JT, Garcia F, Goldie S, et al. Interim guidance for the use of human papillomavirus DNA testing as an adjunct to cervical cytology for screening. Obstet Gynecol 2004;103(2):304-9.
- Huang YK, et al. Long-term outcomes of high-risk human Papillomavirus infection support a long interval of cervical cancer screening. Brit Jnl Cancer Res UK 2008; 1-7.
- Zaratti L, Senatore S, Franco E. [Screening and vaccination: two synergic tools for the prevention of cervical cancer.]. Ig Sanita Pubbl 2007;63(4):449-57.
From the 2011 Global Summit of Women
Hon. Maki Esther Ortiz Dominguez, Deputy Minister of Health (Mexico) on Mexico’s experience in combating cervical cancer during Summit’s Closing Ceremony. Click here to see the Presentation
Elizabeth Benham, President of International Federation of Business and Professional Women, a partner of the Global Consortium of Women to End Cervical Cancer, on their efforts to inform their members on cervical cancer issue.
Peer Schatz, CEO, QIAGEN, during Plenary session on Corporate Social Responsibility. Click here to see the Presentation
European Professional Women’s Network to join Global Consortium of Women to End Cervical Cancer, made by Ana Garcia Fau, CEO, Yell Publicidad and President, European Professional Women’s Network-Spain
From the 2010 Global Summit of Women
At the Closing Ceremony, dedicated to topic “Leading Cervical Cancer Prevention”:
H.E. Selma Kikwete, First Lady of Tanzania on her country’s efforts.
Hon. Meng Xiaosi, Vice Chair, All China Women's Federation on China’s pilot
Hon. Rebecca Kadaga, Deputy Speaker of Parliament of Uganda on her country’s initiatives.
Yang Lan, Co-Founder & CEO, Sun Media (China) on her media company’s
education initiative on cervical cancer prevention.
Sara Lyle, Board Member, Tamika and Friends (USA) and Cervical Cancer advocate on the need to engage everyone, click here to view presentation.
- Speech given by Victor Chu, President, Qiagen Asia Pacific.
At the Ministerial Roundtable:
2009 GLOBAL SUMMIT OF WOMEN
To learn about the Global Consortium of Women to End Cervical Cancer speeches and pledges made during the 2009 Global Summit of Women in Santiago, Chile, click here.